Translate

Monday, May 4, 2015

Welcome back to me!

I had the privilege of traveling to California this month to go to my cousin's wedding.  It was so fun to visit with family and friends. Definitely what I miss most being here in El Salvador. . .well, that and my Mystic Chai Tea.



I had a lovely Welcome back so far.  First, I get home from 13 hours of traveling and find something strange on my couch.  I couldn't figure out what it was, but I was certain the answer wouldn't be pleasant.  After noticing bird poop on the ground all in the living room and dining room, I knew it came from a bird.  Unless the bird had been to a spa for a mud bath, I think it is safe to assume that this particular bird had diarrhea on my couch.  I spent an hour and a half cleaning up the mess it left behind. And I found some small gray feathers which means it was worst case scenario - a nasty pigeon!



And Today I was at the grocery store. When I put my key in to open up the trunk I could feel the key itself twisting. So I stopped and pulled out the key.  The metal had half twisted off in the middle.  I straightened it, and was able to use it on the door and start the car. I drove next door to the hardware store to get a copy made.  I asked if they could do it with it breaking off.  The employee got the key making expert and when he came back with it, he had it in two pieces.  He asked me if I had another one and I explained that this one he just broke is the only one I have for my car that is sitting in the parking lot.  1 hour, 3 keys and a miracle later, I had a key that worked!


And after I got home I found the pigeon in my house again and I chased it out!!!

At least yesterday I got to see this beautiful sunrise to help ease my return to a 3rd world country.



Welcome back, indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment