Translate

Friday, September 13, 2013

Oops

Apparently, I've already failed at updating my blog and am in need of reminders and encouragement to do so! (But perhaps it was quite foolish to advertise that that is effective)

Well, in the last 3 weeks I've been very busy becoming an expert teacher!  Ok, so maybe adequate is a better description.  I think I'm more nervous about the tests I'm giving next week than the kids. I'm about to find out just how bad I've been at teaching them!  It actually shouldn't be that bad.  I just get to teach the fun part of English. They have another class to learn grammer and my job is to increase their vocabulary and encourage them to speak and use it.  So I am selfishly filling the classes with games and songs I enjoy and changing them to pretend it is educational.

 Last weekend i moved to the home ill be at for the year.  It will be a great spot.  It's close to the church and school, will have room for my car and is complete with a lovely family I've been friends with for a few years.  And I don't think I've had a mosquito bite in the home all week!

My Spanish is still pathetic, but I'm working on it.  I think I'm going to end up with either another civic or a Kia.  I'm also going to start counseling soon with some clients who speak English and in another week or two I'm going to visit an orphanage and see about counseling kids there.

I think that's it.

I'm going to go and get my laundry that's drying outside to make sure it doesn't get rained on now.

1 comment:

  1. Keep em coming Tiff! Blogs are the best idea ... and the hardest thing to keep updated.

    ReplyDelete