Translate

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A real teacher!

So, I became a teacher this week. Even though I agreed to it, it still came as a surprise to me! (Yes, this is the part where you start thinking how grateful you are that I'm not teaching your kids. . .but at least I'm not teaching logic!)

I don't know what I thought I would be doing, but it wasn't working 9-3 4days a week teaching English to first through 6th graders.  I guess I had thought something casual, not something with 5 sets of curriculum and 6 classes a day.  I think I'll like it.  Is it bad that I already have favorite classes and students after 3 days?

This will still leave me with 2 days and some evenings to do therapy. Which, I'm ok with because building hours is a slow process and I wouldn't want to be bored in the meantime!  It's also less than I worked while at hospice.

Things are going well. It's nice to see a lot of old friends and I've managed to keep my mosquito bites down to only 2 or 3 a day! (Which is quite pathetic considering I put repellent on at least 6 times a day)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of structure -- sounds like a nice foundation around which to build your other activities -- at least that would help me I think!!

    Keep in Touch Tiff! Love the updates!

    ReplyDelete