Translate

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas my friends!

I hope you had a lovely holiday.  I had a good Christmas.  A bit sad to miss out on my family Christmas, but it was still nice.  I went to Guatemala for Christmas and celebrated with the family that I used to stay with every summer in El Salvador (and they moved to Guatemala several years ago).  We had a full house with lots of Christmas fun.  Their oldest came home from college in Arkansas and it was so nice to get to see her.  She's loving college and is really excited about all of the opportunities she has.

Here's a picture of the family waiting in the cold wind for her to arrive at the airport.

The celebration starts on Christmas eve, that's when the big meal is served and then gifts are opened at midnight and all the neighbors light fireworks.  Not the silly little ones we do (like sparklers), but slightly smaller versions of a big firework display in the sky.  

Christmas day we went up to a mountain for a favorite restaurant and then to a beautiful site with stores, restaurants and a big field and playground and horseback riding.  Lots of pictures were taken.


I came back to El Salvador on the 26th, and my souvenier was a sore throat!  I'm hoping that it is a result of too much time on the road with the pollution and not that I'm getting sick again.  Not fun.  This week will be filled with more counseling, more holiday fun and a bit of sadness that it's my last week of vacation before school starts again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment